Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chapter 4: Teeth Everywhere

I'm sure my dentist would've enjoyed this chapter very much. It never occurred to me that a whole chapter could be written about teeth. I mean, who really cares about teeth other than dentists and orthodontists these days? Anyways, the chapter helped me appreciate the presence of teeth and the origin in which they came about. Who knew that teeth could grow in just like any other hair or gland in your body? I also found it interesting when Shubin and his friend Bill discovered and recovered the jaws of the tritheledont. I thought that it was cool how an animal could be half mammal half reptile. I also thought the distinction between the conodont and the lamprey was pretty interesting as well, and, as nerdy as it sounds, the ostracoderm reminded me immensely of a Pokemon I once knew.

All in all, this chapter really helped me appreciate the little white bones in our mouths and also helped me appreciate the fact that I had braces. Thank God for my perfectly aligned teeth.

Devin Larscheid

No comments:

Post a Comment