Friday, July 29, 2011

Ch. 5: Getting Ahead

I was interested in this chapter right away as Shubin started explaining how the human skull looked like. He described it in a simple way so I was able to understand it easily. However, when he began talking about the cranial nerves, I tried to follow along, but ended up confused. Thankfully, like always, there were pictures to help me. I thought it was so amazing how all the nerves that seem jumbled up were actually very organized when we were embryos. I'm not sure why, but I was really interested in reading about the arches and how it shows the origins of the complicated nerves. When Shubin talked about the similarities between humans and sharks and even worms, it really revealed how so many things about us originated from different animals so long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment