Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chapter 4

First reading this chapter I could tell just by the writer's style how much this particular subject meant to him, as teeth seemed to excite him in many ways I daresay not many other people can share. Through the writer's passion, I found how important teeth actually are to paleontologists, as they are not only the best preserved fossil of them all, but also the most useful in identifying the eating habits and type of animal involved. Soon I was enthralled following Shubin on his journey back to Novia Scotia with his fellow paleontologist Chuck as they searched for tiny pieces of history buried deep within the sandstone all the way to ostracoderms, which are ancient jawless fish and the earliest creature found with a bony head. I never took my eyes off the pages as I flew through them and I never felt the need to. I've been enjoying the book since Chapter 1, and Shubin has yet to let me down.
-Keith Renner

No comments:

Post a Comment