Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chapter 5

This chapter starts off with Shubin in his lab late a night, only to realize he is surrounded by dead bodies. Honestly, that flashback caught my attention because I know that if that was me, I would not be in a room filled with dead bodies.
Shubin then goes on to say that a theoretical head includes plates, blocks, and rods and how every bone in our head can be traced to one of these items. Whenever I think of a head, I imagine hundreds of pieces of bone and tissue keeping my brain in place. Therefore, I think that it's amazing to have our head be primarily made up of only those three items. I have banged my head into a lot of poles or doors in my lifetime, so those three bones up there must be pretty strong to keep it intact.
Another section of this chapter which I found intriguing was that the gill region of a human and shark embryo look very similar early in the process. I heard about this similarity with a chicken and a human but never a shark. I found that very strange because sharks are not mammals, so that further proves that there is a link between us. However I still believe in God, but evolution is also a theory.

Brenda Panuco :)

No comments:

Post a Comment