Saturday, July 30, 2011

chapter 5 getting ahead

I really enjoyed this chapter. It was very interesting learning about the head. I never knew the skull used to be seperated and then formed together, it was so interesting because I am interested in the head. I always wonder about the nerves and organs. I think this was the most exciting, especially when the chapter discussed the trigeminal nerve and facial nerve. I liked the example of the slap in the face, I realized it is not just us reacting it is our body telling us to. That goes for other things as well. The head is very complicated but it is one of the most interesting parts of our body. To me the head is like a monitor to a computer, the computer is the brain. Our head holds our brain, the most valuable thing in thebody that holds memory and much more.
The shark theory was very interesting as well. I saw the comparison of the gill region it amazed me how similar theis can be to ours. They also contain some of the same nerve patterns as us. This chapter really showed a good comparison to the shark and human. I was also intruiged by the comparison to the worm. No one would think a worm could relate to something of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment