Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chapter Four: Teeth Eveywhere

Through chapter three, Shubin demonstrated another connection between human and other creatures. It was about teeth. Until I read this chapter, I just have regarded teeth as helping tools for digestion. The informations about how profound meaning the teeth have for the paleontologists enlightened me that even trivial part of a body can be a useful clue for scientists. The most interesting part was that reptiles replace their teeth continually as they wear and break down. I wondered why God did not give the humans that quality because there are so many people pouring money to get implant surgery. When I got to the part that Shubin and his colleagues found a fossil that was part mammal, part reptile, I was proud of them as if I was a part of their study. I am looking forward to their further discoveries about my biological origin.

No comments:

Post a Comment