Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chapter 4: Teeth Everywhere

You can always tell what the chapter is going to be about by just reading the title, so I knew right away that this chapter was all about teeth. I never thought teeth could be so important and I thought this chapter would be the dullest of them all, but agin I was wrong. I was fascinated by how a specific shape of a tooth can tell a scientist all about the animal, like what it eats and what type of animal it was. By reading this chapter, I now believe that teeth are the most interesting fossil because they can be persereved for a long time, they tell so much about the animal, and all are unique in their own way. Also it was just amazing how Shubin said that teeth themselves evolved overtime to increase an animals' survival rate. It's so awsome how something so small could help decide whether the animal can survive in its nature or not. So far the book is really good and I can't wait to start reading the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment