Saturday, July 23, 2011

ch 4: Teeth Everywhere

This chapter actually turned out to be one of the longest so far even though it was about something that we barely learn about. There was so much information about teeth that I never knew. It was interesting how teeth began to be formed and how it evolved to protect and attack at the same time. I learned about many ways teeth look and what their functions are. I found it amazing how Shubin went through so many experiences and troubles before becoming as skilled as he is now. It was also amazing that a half mammal and half reptile jaw was found when they thought there was nothing special about the fossils they found. I thought the Conodonts and Ostracoderms were very interesting as well. I never heard of teeth being on the outside of a body. I also learned how other body parts are similar to teeth, such as hair. I still don't really understand the process of teeth or hair being created within the skin but the picture gave me a basic idea. I was nice to learn so much about what we normally don't really spend time on in classes

No comments:

Post a Comment