Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chapter 4:Teeth Everywhere

So reading this chapter, it made me think about my teeth, and how it resembles peoples diets. This chapter made me realize how important our teeth are and that we must keep them in good condition. I learned that teeth and hair are very similar to each other, that teeth can grow in just like a piece of hair. It was also interesting when Shubin talks about how smaller fish can use their teeth to scrape scales , feed on particles, and to take about big chunks of other fishes. Shubin also talks about how we can learn about alot of animals based on their teeths, like how the bumps and the ridges, and the pits reflects the diet. It was also really cool how Shubin and his friends were digging in Nova Scotia, and he had thought that he didn't find anything, but at the end, he had found teeth that belonged to a half mammal and half reptile. Chapter 4 was really interesting, and it really made me think of how our teeth works when eating, I am looking forward in reading chapter 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment