Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chapter Four: Teeth Everywhere

If you told someone you just read an entire chapter about teeth, they would probably question you, and I found myself questioning why I was reading 20 pages about them as well. I actually just guessed that it would be 20 pages and I was surprisingly dead one. But I digress. And so then a new question came to me, how could the author Shubin manage to retain my interest on such a dull subject such as teeth for 20 pages? Well the answer is he didn't. Nonetheless there were still many interesting facts hidden beneath the pile of boring, one such fact being that the teeth are in fact the most informant pieces of fossil found, as they are both excellently preserved and can give incite into the particular diet and animal that the fossil belongs to. Also I chuckled when he talked about lamphreys and mentioned that we might have heard about them in Biology class because I didn't even have close to a clue what those were.
-Cameron Chear

No comments:

Post a Comment