Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chapter 4: Teeth Everywhere

As I read the first couple pages, I was thinking to myself, "where do teeths actually come from?" I mean we know, just by looking at the title of this chapter that teeth are actually everywhere. It has been proven that the earliest teeth in the fossil record come from an extinct marine animal which is now believed to be the earliest vertebrate called the conodonts. Conodonts have millions of fossil cone-shaped materials and no one knew that animals who were correlated to these cone-shaped things can be found everywhere. One thing I found really interesting was that the teeth are the earliest source of all compact parts of vertebrate creatures. Also, teeth are the common predecessor in family of everything that comes from the skin. We begin to examine that the entirety in our anatomy are based on clear alterations to already exisiting whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment