Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ch 6

This was an actually pretty interesting chapter. It started off with the same old repetition I've seen. We start off looking the same as any other animal. With the same "body plan" so I wasn't too shocked. What I got more interested in was the experimentation of embryos. First off, the idea of manipulating an embryo was kinda of intriguing to me, as it's a way of changing an animal later on.
But anyways, it's definitely interesting that from simple experimentation, we can find out that from one embryo can come two new organisms. And I can really imagine the size of it, I would just imagine it to be incredibly small. The embryo I mean. And the idea of an Organizer is definitely interesting. I mean, taking a chicken's organizer and attacthing it to a salamanders embryo creates two salamanders? That's pretty cool. And the thing that I've been waiting for to see the comparisons were the hox genes. I think that the idea of it is just awesome how we can find similarities in such simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment