Saturday, July 24, 2010

chapter cinco

This chapter disgusted me...I hate hearing about cutting people or things open and looking at their organs and stuff that's supposed to stay inside our bodies. And I agree with Aarti...this chapter had so many confusing terms my head was about to explode...but the pictures saved me from having a meltdown. I also agree with Julia and Francine... we know our heads and brains do many complex tasks, yet Shubin acts like its no big deal, like its as simple as riding a bike or something. When Shubin started talking about the babies and how we develop in our mommy's tummies, it made me think of an exhibit that i went to earlier that day at the California Science Center. At the science center, there was a place where it showed stages of pregnancy...so I had like...another visual besides the pictures. I really like this book though....its really showing me how our body is not just plain and simple and how we really need to appreciate what we have.

---alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment