Saturday, July 24, 2010

chapter five

chapter five was a chapter that reached straight to the difficults. As soon as we start reading we are introduced to so many new terms which makes the subject confusing. I thought it was amusing how even Shubin crams for finals like we do. However going back to the terminology, words like trigeminal's branches struck as new and difficult to understand. I never knew how muscles and nerves could play such a big role in your head. Its interesting to know that those trigeminal nerves also make physical pain come. When shubin goes to describes the embryos connections it becomes a bit confusing. I never once thought of myself of a fish or a shark but by Shibin I come to realize that we humans arent very special at all. Instead we are a mixture of animals genes in a more developed form.
last but not least thankyou shubin for the diagrams! Those diagrams kept me in place while reading because they never let me forget the key facts of this chapter. Though this chapter was confusing and so hard to understand I think the diagrams had saved me from being a lost little nemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment