Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chapter 6

I find it really strange and yet fascinating that all vertabrate animals look the same as embryos. But I was kind of excited that somehow, some way, I looked like my dog for a brief moment in time. Its a complete mind explosion to think that animals that look so different from each other as adults look practically the same as embryos. But he did confuse me for a while when he started throwing out the theories and all the other big names. And then I kind of laughed again when I realized there was a bunch of German discovery on the embryos and that was basically all the big discoveries. The three layers part was an interesting part of the chapter and it made it easier to understand how all organs are made. I thought it was really sad when he talked about how so many things can go wrong in a pregnancy. I felt like I was watching baby week on the Discovery Health Channel. The pictures still remain at the top of my fascination list for this book. ^_^

---alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment