Friday, July 30, 2010

Chapter 6- The Best-Laid (Body) Plans

As mentioned by other students, chapter six focused on body development and the similarities that are shared amongst other species. He explained the three layers of tissues that make up all of the organs inside our bodies. Being a slow learner, at first it was hard for me to understand the process that takes place in which the body is developed. He explains by saying that we are a tube inside of another tube in the process of development. This must mean that the different layers have separate responsibilities throughout its process in many species.
I enjoyed reading about the different fly mutations and it was interesting to think that flies have been studied for over 100 years. Something that I see as so irrelevant is something that is a over-analyzed topic for these researchers for many years. As I'm typing this, there is fly buzzing around in my room.. and I can't help thinking about swatting it, then checking to see if it's mutated or not. :)
I also enjoyed the pictures that Shubin included as part of the chapter once again. All in all, I am really enjoying this blogging experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment