Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chapter Seis - Tu Inner Pescado (:

I AM A JELLYFISH :D Okay, now that that's out of the way, I actually enjoyed this chapter. I liked learning about how there are different genes that say, "Hey. I am the top, you are the bottom. I'm going to turn you off to keep it that way". I thought it was pretty cool. Again, the frog with a double head or a double spine thing was pretty trippy.

I liked how he explained HOW we were similar as embryos and not just say a bunch of words to the point of "We just are, deal with it". He's like that a lot. It makes the book more enjoyable for me. I understood it when he said, "We may not look much like sea anemones and jellyfish, but the recipe that builds us is a more intricate version of the one that builds them" (115). It really wrapped up the chapter for me, full circle, from the first page of the chapter, because that was basically what he was explaining - how all species come from the same genetic make up in some way, shape, or form.

And you know what, I CAN COMPARE MY BODY WITH A SPONGE ANYDAY. But yeah, it would be more psychiatric then anatomical - thanks for pointing out my flaws Shubin.

- Courtney Inbody

No comments:

Post a Comment