Saturday, July 24, 2010

Chapter 5: Getting Ahead

I personally, love this chapter! It is so fascinating how the brain and the human mind works! By far, I would say this is the best chapter ever.
The beginning of the chapter is almost like a horror movie. Shubin hooked me to the chapter right from the start. I loved it!!!
On page 82, Shubin takes us through a journey of the head. He says "Having thus opened a human head, we find a clump of what looks like tangled fishing lines". Reading this, I really thought I was looking at a real life brain. It was like a medical brain fairytale, you can picture..lol :)
OKAY, so now FROWN..you are using your depressor anguli oris. How cool is that? I found this part really interesting, the facial nerve and all the odd things that can happen. Haha.
Ooo, and I learned why history is important! Well, history is interesting (its fun) and we need it to understand the whole bit of information. Its like understanding our family background, we need to know the history first and then relate the present to the past. I knew this before but stating the obvious that I never thought about made this chapter cool.
The arch pattern was a new concept and it is pretty amazing! I never knew we relate to a shark this much. He even shows illustrations!
SO, "Take a gulp, listen to music, and thank the structures that form from your second arch. (91). LOL. :)


1 comment:

  1. Ashima, I also found this chapter interesting because of how Shubin described the structure of the humand head. Btw i really like your picture!

    ReplyDelete