Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chapter 6

This chapter was a different chapter from the rest of the chapter I have read from the past. The other chapters were amusing interesting but this chapter was pretty confusing with all the terms referring to the different embryos. At some points I got lost and was re reading the page again, which consumed a little more time than the previous chapters. Not only was this chapter confusing but it was also educational. It taught me how we as humans are related to all the other animals through the three layers which pretty much determine our body structure and the deformities a person can face if the sac of cells is not placed in the correct spot. I was not that astonished that we are related to all most every single living thing in the world because Mr. Shubin starts off with prehistoric fossils, fish, sharks, and etc. I was astonished at that Hilde Mangold was robbed of her Nobel Prize because of a tragic death, but what is great today is that she is still credited. I wonder what surprises chapter 7 has.

Ankit Salhotra

No comments:

Post a Comment