Friday, July 30, 2010

Chapter Six;

Body development and embryos are discussed throughout the chapter non-stop. Shubin did make me think how does the development of the body end up the way it is, such as having the head at the front and the anus at the end. It is amazing how DNA does not make a mistake.

I like how Shubin starts to compare how the body develops by using the jellyfish as an example. And from this example I learned that jellyfish do not have an end but only a front.It made me think, what if humans were made that way. It would be just too weird.

The whole three layer tissue dynamic got me stunned. Tissues are not always big, but knowing that tissues also have a role in helping the body develop was pretty mind blowing as well.

-Briana Fauni

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I felt that Shubin's description about body development was endless. But it definitely shows that body development and embryos are THAT complex. And I also agree how DNA doesn't make a mistake either.. But i wouldn't be surprised if there was even a SLIGHT possibility for DNA to make a mistake since all the concepts of biology bring up surprises

    ReplyDelete