Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chapter 5 - Getting Ahead

When Shubin says that he is in his lab studying at two in the morning two nights before his final dissecting skulls and such, the first thing that came to my mind was, who stays up studying that late? As Courntey said, I think he has some major work area issues. Who works with twenty-five dead bodies around?

I also, like Courtney stated, saw myself doing doing the things such as to smile, frown, raise my eyebrows, and attempting to flare my nostrils. It helped me understand what he was saying, just like Courtney stated below. When Shubin says that we are all modified shawks, it got me to think if we are all modified sharks, and someone is scared of sharks, then they are technically scared of humans and themselves.

Shubin compares humans humans to worms which was gross. As Brian said, this chapter also taught me about the origin of our brains and how we develop in the womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment