Saturday, August 13, 2011

Adventures in Bodybuilding (Ch.7)

After reading all of chapter seven, I realized how much I learned about the basic process and history of "body-building." I was surprised to discover that living organisms, even those with backbones, came about as a result of a shift from single-celled animals. Furthermore, I was surprised by how Shubin mentioned that, "cells communicate with one another using 'words' written as molecules..." (128). This surprised me because I realized how complex many living organisms are, such as humans.
Shubin also included another piece of concrete evidence to persuade his readers into believing the apparent biological similarities between humans and other living organisms. Also, Shubin's conclusion of the chapter really helped me visualize the gradual appearances of bigger blobs of cells that eventually turned into the formation of skeletal animals, such as us humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment