Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chapter 7: The Adventures in Bodybuilding

This chapter is basically the continuation of the last chapter about how the body organizes itself. This time we focus the skeletal system and what makes it up. I liked this chapter it was very interesting. I liked how he again compared the human body with a sponge a primitive animal. Which in shape is not at all like spongebob squarepants. I liked learning about the different parts of the bone that made up the human body. Certain cells and molecules form together and make the bone, collagen, or cartilage. Some of the same cells could also make up the eyeball. I found that really cool when he said his students could identify which organ this is by looking at the cells. I was like How? The shape determines it and how they are arranged give it the hardness, they divide, or die and reproduce. The cells determine what happens to the organs.

No comments:

Post a Comment