Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chapter 7

I found chapter seven very interesting, especially when Shubin mentioned cancer. I know that cancer can be caused because of sun exposure, genetics in family, and tobacco, but I never stopped to think what toll it takes on our body. Shubin explained that cancer is the abnormal growth of cells, and those cells are often "rebelling". I really connected to this part of the chapter because although I am fortunate enough not to have anyone in my family with cancer, I have friends who aren't as lucky.

Another part of this chapter I found interesting was how our body is made up of billions of cells that work together. It kind of creeps me out to think that my whole body consists of so many cells and each one has a nucleus, membrane, ribosomes, mitochondria, and so on. Also, how can they all stick together and not break apart from each other. These are questions I always had, so I am glad I read this chapter and that I found detailed answers.

Brenda Panuco

No comments:

Post a Comment