Friday, August 12, 2011

Chapter 7

When thinking about a human, people usually don't think of comparing them to a sponge, but i guess we should now. I would have to say that from all the chapters of this book, chapter 7 has been my favorite. It made me realize how our ancestry was formed by a single celled organism which grew to make the human body.I was also shocked at the way that Shubin described how the cells communicated with each other, it made it seem as though there were little people living inside of us. I also found it interesting when he used bullies to explain to us that the cells need to work together to make the body work properly with each part. I love the Shubin really focuses on one point and makes sure that he explains it good enough to ensure that his readers have understood his concept. With reading this novel i have gained so much knowledge on the human body, its structure, and what it is made up of....and I look forward to reading more and more about it in the up coming chapters.I appreciate the way that Shubin finds various way to compare humans to the most mind bottling things such as sponges and even fish. It is incredible to have the mentality that Shubin has throughout his novel.

-Neha Modha

No comments:

Post a Comment