Friday, August 12, 2011

Chapter 7- "Adventures in Bodybuilding"

Chapter 7 was very informative for me because I was able to learn and discovery the history of bodies. When I was little, I actually really wondered about these concepts ("When? How? Why?") and was irritated that I couldn't find the answers. I would always think to myself, "Maybe I'll figure it out when I'm older." And I'm very glad that I did.
Although I enjoyed learning more about where humans came from and how we were formed, I was a bit pestered by the way Shubin explained it to us. He kept saying the same things over and over again and told us things we, students, already know by common sense. For example, the way he kept saying we came from primitive animals was a bit tiring to read about. However, I did enjoy how he compared us to sponges and jellyfishes. Information such as that really caught my eye and made me realize the way evolution works. By reading this chapter, I was also more appreciative towards my skeleton, because it provides and does so much for us. I never knew that inside us, cells and molecules are working together and apart just so we can function properly as a human.

No comments:

Post a Comment