Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chapter: Adventures in Bodybuilding

Again, another chapter of intresting fact about our body. It was so exciting when Shubin described that he was watching an animal being buit. The way he compared it to a brick house also helped me imagine it in my mind more easily. As always, the diagrams here are there are really helpful tothe readers to visualize the author's ideas. It's so incredible that cells populated the seas of the planet by 600 million years ago. It unbelieveable to think that they actually had bodies and specialzed structures. So i questioned myself, "How do these millions of cells connect and stay connected?" And the book answered my question right away, "a variety of different molecules that connect and lie between our cells." I really like how this book is so detailed that the questions in my head as i read are answered cleary. I was intrested in how the cells comunicate before and shubin's explanations answered my curiousness as well. They use "'words' written as molecules that move from cell to cekk. One cell can 'talk'to the next by sending molecules back and forth." And again, my questions were answered. Shubin, as always, connects all these information about us to some other creature that lived billions of years ago. Wonder what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment