Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yes!!! its its the last post for my summer!!!!:)

Chapter 8: Making Scents
This section was very interesting to me because it shows how all organisms are similar structures because of the smell. Shubin states that odor is a world changer. there was a diagram that helped make the process to grasp about odors much easier. We as humans have more genes for smelling then we do sight.a scent is made from as molecules and atoms. the scenes of smell is needed for the human survival.

Chapter 9: Vision.
there is a eyeless gene.WOW i didn't know that. me being a person who wears glasses to help me see i was kind of scared. i use to hate sitting in the back of the class and not being able to see and i felt that i was missing me something.my eyes are very important to me and to be able no to see would make me feel so bad. that's why my eyes are so important.

Chapter 10: Ears
the scenes of hearing is an amazing and without it i wouldn't be able to hear my precious music. something important i took from this chapter is that our ears are full of liquid. there is a tiny sack of fluid in our inner ear and if we tilt our head the sack will tell the brain when you are tilting your head. this is a important thing that i took from this chapter.

Chapter 11: The meaning of it all
the whole book in all was to was kind of confusing from the beginning. but the last chapter made it all come together for me. the fact that we come from fish is still not sitting well with me because i believe in GOD but i can accept the beliefs of other people. fossils are the things that help people understand where they come from and tells us things about the past and this book was interesting to read to learn something new.




No comments:

Post a Comment