Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chapter 7: Adventures in Bodybuilding

So basically in this chapter I learned about the different components that make up the body as a whole as well as the different, smaller parts of the body. The most interesting quote to me was "If there were no way to attach cells to one another, or if there were no materials between cells, there would be no bodies on the earth" (124). This came to me as a surprise because it opened my eyes to the importance of the biological glue. This small part of our body is the reason that we look the way we are and the reason we have developed into humans with bones, organs, and skin. I never thought that there would be an organism that had only four types of cells, but Placozoans proved me wrong. Knowing that we have such complex bodies because of all the different types of cells we have, it wouldn't come to a surprise to me that this organism has a very simple body plan. Altogether in this chapter I learned that although they are microscopic and non visible to the naked eye, the small bonds between cells and other bonds are what to thank for life one Earth today.
Sorry I didn't post last night. My internet was down and I fell asleep waiting for it to turn back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment