Monday, August 1, 2011

Chapter 5: Getting Ahead

The begining of this chapter, was a bit crazy when Shubin talks about how he was holding half of the head in each hand, and tracing through the different paths of the nerves. It amazed me when he described the 2 nerves, the cranial and the trigeminal nerves, and compared it to sharks. As he talked about our heads, and the way the nerves work I never knew that our bone plates are separated until the age of two. I didnt even know what a bone plate was until i read this chapter!. It really interested me when Shubin tells us to shrink ourselves into the size of a pinhead and to travel inside the mouth of the of the develping embryo, we could see the indentations that shows each of the swelling. It was crazy to learn that there were 4 indentations. So after reading this chapter I realized that my nasalis muscle doesnt quite work, because i still cant flare my nose back and forth. This chapter really got me thinking about our brains, and our facial expressions. Im looking forward in reading chapter 6! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment