Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chapter Six: The Best-Laid (Body) Plans

Coming into this chapter, I didn't know what to expect; but after a few short paragraphs I realized it was chapter 5 with a lot more details. And that means more embryos. Through Shubin and this book, I realize how significant and instrumental those tiny sacs of life really are the key to the questions we often find ourselves asking; so for that we have to go back to the beginning. We really are no different from a sea anenome in the most basic structure, and it is the growth from that small embryonic ball that makes us who we are. Also, it makes me look at abortion in a whole new life; as it seems a lot less humane to rip out the miracle that is a human fetus from the world. The whole part about the Hox genes I thought to be very interesting, as it showed just how our body sized up to me what it is today. All in all, I thought this was a very solid continuation of Chapter 5, thought variety would be very much appreciated.
-Cameron Chear

No comments:

Post a Comment