Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chapter 6

After reading chapter six, I learned that human embryonic development is closely related to other animals at a deeper level than mentioned in chapter 5. I was surprised to learn that just by moving a small patch of tissue from the developing egg, twins can be produced. It's funny how a microscopic change can cause an enormous change to the embryo(s).
I also thought it was odd yet exciting that we are closely related to a sea anemone. I understand similarities found between humans and other mammals like monkeys or pigs, but a sea anemone was utterly unexpected. However a sea anemone surprisingly has a front and back too so I guess that is closely related to us humans.
I found this chapter very interesting, and I hope that the next one will be just as well written.

Brenda Panuco

No comments:

Post a Comment