Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chapter SIX

The best laid out plan. I never thought that this chapter would be about embryos and I have never thought that much about them until now. Embryos, I know realize, is what the entire body starts out from. The embryos are so important that with just a simple change of the embryo, the entire body structure can be changed. That is the most amazing part; the fact that everything can change about a person with just the tiniest changes to the embryo. Man, amazing. I have never realized that embryos can be so important. I know that people start out as embryos but I have never ever realized how significant it is. Embryos are the most important part for any animal, even insects. For example, just a single change to the egg can change the entire structure. At first, I thought that in this chapter, Shubin was going to talk more about the bones because of the best laid out plan, as in structures, but no, he started explaining about embryos and their significance. Embryos are very significant to humans, animals and insects because they all start out the same way, as embryos. That is what surprises me, the fact that all the creatures from insects to humans to elephants and bigger could all have started out the same way and differently. Surprising, amazing even.

No comments:

Post a Comment