Monday, August 8, 2011

Chapter 7: Adventures in Bodybuilding

Our cells are responsible for the the structural arrangement of our body. The ability of our cells are definitely superior to that of the more primitive creatures; they are competant of coordination and communication. As I am typing this, I realize, that the skeleton governed by our cells is responsible for the movement of my fingers though I am completely oblivious of the bones itself moving. The intelligence of these quick and adroit cells are overlooked. While Shubin writes about the system of the cells, I am able to relate to our past learnings of mitosis and meiosis and the division of cells. Suprisingly, sponges are also organized with the properties of our body. I can see that though not as complex, sponges share some common fundamental similarities. Our bodies, therefore, were planned even before their complex existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment