Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chapter Seven: Adventures in Body Building

After reading chapter 7, I was again fully amazed at the information presented to me. Shubin was once again able to my attention through his explanation of our inner bodies, and being able to prove once more of the validity of the universal theme that all animals are connected. I really admired Shubin's clear explanation of the way bodies work because it allowed me to fully understand and comprehend the information. It was really a jaw dropper for me due to the fact that I never knew that in the production of bodies, cells and molecules work together as if a giant machine to produce our body. But along with Shubin's explanation of the mechanics of the body, I was again shocked at Shubin's comparison of the human body with those of different animals such as a sponge and the placazoan. I was stunned to read that through Shubin's breakdown that within sponges and the placazoan, it has within them cells and molecules that communicate to organize themselves just as within the human body. Shubin allowed me to fully understand the concept of the human body and allow me to no longer to take the human body for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment