Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chapter 4: Teeth Everywhere

Our teeth is responsible for numerous functions in our body, and one important function even after a creature's death is its preservation. Through Neil's journey, I was once again reminded of the meticulous task of a paleontologist. Also, I was able to understand the purpose behind our varying teeth shapes. I found myself continually checking my teeth as i read about the crystal molecule contained in our teeth and bones. The development of teeth, breasts, feathers, and hair in relation with the skin was also significant in their structural similarities.

1 comment:

  1. "I was once again reminded of the meticulous task of a paleontologist." I completely agree with that statement. I kept thinking as he was looking for the small bones and fragments, "This is really a lot of troublesome work for just a tiny tooth...Is it really really worth it?" At the same time, you can see he loves doing what he does, so you can tell it's worth it to him. Plus, the results are enough proof as well. :)

    ReplyDelete