Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chapter 4:Teeth Everywhere

I found this chapter really different. I knew that the the type of teeth an animal had determined whether or not if the animal was a carnivore, herbivore or a omnivore. When I was younger I had always wondered why my molars were diffenerent from my two front teeth...I eventually realized it had to do with the food we eat and how a teeth play a major role in which animal we were. I had no idea that teeth from fossils could tell so much about an animal from ancient times. It makes it quite interesting to know that teeth came before the bone as it had shown up in the conodonts, and then the ostracoerms who not only had teeh but had a shield of bone on thier heads.




Teeth also gave way to other things found in mammals and other species. Thanks to teeth most animals have hair, feathers and etc. Because of things growing under the skin gave way for other things to evolve over time. Looking forward to reading chapter 5.




Chioma Friday




No comments:

Post a Comment